Nationally recognized and rated #1 for growth in the entire nation during numerous years of its development (still ongoing) – Summerlin is a vibrant, outdoor-centric, master planned community that offers something special for everyone! The Summerlin master plan community is broken out into over twenty (and growing) “Villages.” Each Village is considered a sub-association within the Summerlin master plan. The Summerlin community inhabits over 22,500 acres of Nevada desert land adjacent to Red Rock Conservation Area. Its prime location, nestled in the foothills of Red Rock National Conserve on the Northwest side of Las Vegas, makes it a mecca for homeowners looking for convenient year around outdoor activities.
Summerlin was named after Jean Amelia Summerlin, the paternal grand mother of esteemed aviator, filmmaker and real estate mogul Howard Hughes. (The original real estate holder of the land adjacent to Red Rock Conserve Area.)
Recognized for it sprawling outdoor spaces, over 30 percent of the Summerlin community was designated specifically for recreational facilities, the Summerlin Trail System, parks, landscaped areas and golf courses. Summerlin was one of the earliest master planned developments to adopt design and conservation concepts of low-water-use landscape. However, just take a quick drive through any portion of Summerlin and you’d never feel anything short of lush landscape, flourishing tree lined streets and blooming colors year around.
Summerlin began construction back in 1990 and is slated to complete residential home build outs on or around 2020. You can find new homes, condos, town homes, and resale homes for sale in Summerlin.
“ Downtown Summerlin,” the esteemed fashion, dining, retail and professional office development is Summerlin’s most recent accolade. It provides the perfect backdrop for community events and seasonal celebrations. The mixed-use development boasts over 1,600,000 square feet of vibrant retail and dining experiences and offers over 200,000 square feet of luxurious business spaces.
Summerlin is also home to some of the most luxurious custom built residential addresses in the Las Vegas Valley. There are several Guard Gated Communities and Golf Course / Country Club Communities throughout Summerlin. Many of these luxury home communities can be found tucked close to Red Rock National Conserve’s pink hued hillsides and ridges. Commanding Red Rock sunset views and awe-inspiring unobstructed city views to the East of the valley can be enjoyed from many of Summerln’s luxury estate homes.
Preview available homes for sale inside Red Rock Country Club and The Ridges below on our website. For additional information about all of the beautiful luxury home communities in Summerlin visit www.Summerlin.com.
Community & Nearby Amenity Highlights
- 24/7 Guard Gated communities
- Country Club & Golf Course communities
- Custom lots available
- Over 150 community parks
- Over 150 miles of award winning trails
- Nine golf courses
- 14 houses of worship
- Over two dozen public and private schools
- Donald W. Reynolds Cultural Center
- Red Rock Casino Resort & Hotel
- JW Marriott Resort & Rampart Casino
- Downtown Summerlin (fashion, dining and business development)
- Tivoli Village (shopping and dining experience)
- Neighboring Red Rock National Conserve Area
- 45 minute drive to Lake Mead Recreational Area
- 25 minute drive to Mc Carran International Airport
- 20 minute drive to the Las Vegas Strip
Public School Information
ELEMENTARY (K-5): For Summerlin Elementary School information specific to your area of interest visit http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/
MIDDLE (6-8): For Summerlin Middle School information specific to your area of interest visit http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/
HIGH SCHOOL: For Summerlin High School information specific to your area of interest visit http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/
* As of November 2016. Information provided is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Visit the Clark County School District website to learn more about schools related to this community. http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/
Home Owner Association Dues (HOA’s)
MASTER PLAN ASSOCIATION: Summerlin North – $47/monthly / Summerlin South – $43/monthly / Summerlin West – $41/monthly
SUB ASSOCIATION(S): Costs associated vary depending on which neighborhood location you select inside the Summerlin master plan – consult your real estate agent to learn more.
* As of November 2016. Information provided is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Consult your real estate agent to find current information about costs associated with living in this community.